My PhD was supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), grants 200021_159227 “Computational Methods for Temporal Super-resolution Microscopy”, 200020_179217 “Computational biomicroscopy: advanced image processing methods to quantify live biological systems” and 206021_164022 “Platform for Reproducible Acquisition, Processing, and Sharing of Dynamic, Multi-Modal Data” .
- Nominee to the best thesis of EPFL’s EDEE faculty for 2020.
- Best paper award, 1st place, at the IEEE 16th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, Venice, Italy, 2019, with my paper on multi-spectral imaging of the beating heart.
Journal papers and patents
- “Active Illumination and Computational Methods for Temporal and Spectral Super-Resolution Microscopy“, C. Jaques, EPFL, 2020 [direct link to thesis].
- “Aliasing mitigation in optical microscopy of dynamic biological samples by use of temporally-modulated color illumination and a standard RGB camera“, C. Jaques, M. Liebling, SPIE Journal of Biomedical Optics, Vol. 25, 2020.
- “Temporal resolution doubling in fluorescence light-sheet microscopy via a hue-encoded shutter and regularization“, C. Jaques, A. Ernst, N. Mercader, M. Liebling, OSA Continuum, Vol. 3, August 2020.
- “Temporal Super-Resolution Microscopy using a hue-encoded shutter“, C. Jaques, E. Pignat, S. Calinon, M. Liebling, OSA Biomedical Optics Express, Vol. 10, September 2019.
- European Patent, application number EP19154253, “System and method for increasing the resolution of a camera”.
- “Unequivocal Cardiac Phase Sorting From Alternating Ramp-And Pulse-Illuminated Microscopy Image Sequences“, O. Mariani, F. Marelli, C. Jaques, A. Ernst, M. Liebling, IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2021, Nice, France.
- “Generalized temporal sampling with active illumination in optical microscopy“, C. Jaques, M. Liebling, SPIE Wavelets and Sparsity 18 2019, San Diego, USA.
- “Multi-Spectral Widefield Microscopy of the Beating Heart Through Post-Acquisition Synchronization of Overlapping Filter Bands“, C. Jaques, L. Bapst-Wich, D.F. Schorderet, M. Liebling, IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2019, Venice, Italy.
- “Imaging Monochrome Samples at Sub-Shutter Time Resolution with Hue-Encoded Illumination and an RGB Camera” at the Bio-Image Informatics Conference 2017, Banff, Canada.
During my PhD, I gave quite regularly demos of our lab and imaging platform, here are some examples: