I am the founder of Pimu, a consulting vision engineer company working mostly on quality inspection tasks. I have a strong interest in machine learning techniques applied to industrial applications, as well as “old fashioned” vision inspection.
Before working on my own, I was an EPFL PhD student in Michael Liebling’s group, the Computational Bio-Imaging Group at the Idiap Research Institute. My main research focus was towards temporal super-resolution algorithms for microscopy, supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
I was born and bred in Switzerland, in the Neuchâtel area and also hold a Belgian passport.
- Currently acting as consulting vision engineer for industrial applications
- PhD student in the Computational Bioimaging group, Idiap/EPFL, 2016-2020
- Research assistant at CVLAB, EPFL, 2015
- Freelance software developer, Cape Town, South-Africa, 2014
- Vision engineer at Mikron Automation SA, Switzerland, 2011-2014 and 2015
- Teaching Assistant for a few EPFL courses between 2009-2011
- C programming, Prof. Ronan Boulic
- Analysis 1, Prof. Philippe Chabloz
- General Physics 4, Prof. Alfredo Pasquarello
- PhD in computational imaging from Idiap Research Institute and Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2020.
- MSc in Micro-Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2011.
- BSc in Micro-Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2009.